Wednesday, May 4, 2016

lately...

These are some of the things i have jotted (or typed) in my iPhone's notes the past couple weeks. i figured i better go ahead and post them here sooner rather than later!!

you are giving the best kisses right now. you've transitioned from an open mouth slobbery kiss to tiny puckered lips that make a pop at the end. you will come up to my leg or while i'm holding you, on my arm and give me the sweetest little smooch. you also are starting to realize how much I love these kisses, and you are using them to your advantage. tonight (i "noted" this a week or so ago) as I laid with you putting you to bed, you sat up, grabbed my face with two hands, each tenderly holding a cheek and you have me a big "muah " on the lips. then you turned my face to the side and planted one right on my cheek. My heart literally melted and then grew so big it burst. after giving you a bunch of kisses back, you buried your face...OK I have to stop really quick...

right now you are giving my leg kisses and waving and telling me "bye". i know you don't literally mean "walk out of this room" bye, you clearly just don't want to go to sleep. 

...Continued from above:
you buried your face in the crook of my neck and kept giving me tiny tickley smooches that made me laugh to the point of crying tears, which only made you belly laugh. i love hearing you laugh like that!! i'm the only one who can make you do it; the super giggly belly laugh where you know you've been amusing or something is really funny to you. 

i really don't know how to do any of this [raising a child]; it's all trial and error. i'm terrified i might screw you up. i pray that as long as you know i love you and would do anything for you to feel safe and be happy and stay healthy that you will turn out fine. 

Lately you have been saying these words:
Mama - holds monitor and repeatedly says "Mama"
Mommy
--- Sometimes you call me Maggie, i hate when you do it, but Dad thinks its hilarious and perpetuates it, so I've started calling him T (which you say from time to time ;)
Dada
Bye
Woof
Bow
Chief
Tries to say Dooley
Ma for Noma (you call her MoMa)
Moo
Baa 
Milo - but more like Me-low
You just started saying "Yeah" when you are answering yes,  i now correct you and say Yes Ma'am or Yes Sir
You call Christine, "Tine"

You pretty much say anything we ask you to; it's just in your own language.
We politely ask you to quit speaking Chinese when you get on your babble rants.
You babble all the time! its so cute, and i know you are talking to us and you know exactly what you are saying. You will stop and wait for us to respond too.

I'm sorry for losing my patience (lately it's been too often and I feel like a bad mommy)
This morning I stopped my foot at you to come to me. I had asked you a couple times and then I let my frustration take over and I yelled "come here!" And stomped my foot.

You will hold things behind your back (like it can't be seen there) trying to be sneaky. 

we were outside and i was doing the laundry and i looked over and saw a lizard.I called you over and pointed for you to look at the lizard. you couldn't figure out where i was pointing. when you finally noticed the lizard right next to you, you got this biggest surprise look on your face (your eyes grew so big) and you you slowly backed up and looked very unsure.
Joanie said you did the same thing when she showed you a lizard. it's funny and cute, but i can only imagine what you are thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment