Saturday, January 19, 2013

sleepless night

last night was pretty rough.
i knew i had work at 10 AM, so i was very cautious about getting to bed at a decent time (12 AM...decent enough).
as i snuggled into bed and closed my eyes, my brain decided to switch on and it began thinking about all i had to do in the next few days. 
right then and there, i knew the war between my tired eyes & body vs. my wide-awake brain had begun.
i laid on one side...uncomfortable.
rolled over to my back...uncomfortable.
let's try the stomach...yes, just right; until my arm starts tingling.
switch to my other side...the light coming through the windows was too much.

i tossed & turned and i kept waking up not knowing if i had even fallen asleep in the first place.
at this point i was too scared to check the time on my phone in fear that it would be 4 AM.
and for some reason, realizing that my overzealous brain has wasted half my night of possible any good sleep, leaves me with anxiety knowing tomorrow's going to suck.
at this point, i thought, should i go take a swig of the NyQuil in the medicine cabinet?
my cray cray brain quickly decided against that; i would indeed be a crank-star in the morning if i drank NyQuil this early in the AM.

one of the things i hate most is waking up feeling like you drank a bottle of wine (due to lack of no sleep); when, in fact, you were responsible & you were the only one NOT drinking the night before.

to make a long night's story short, somewhere between 4 - 6 AM (?) i think i fell asleep.
i don't really know, like i said i was too scared to look at a clock.
what i do know is today i'm tired & after i get off work (i know, working Saturdays sucks even more than not getting any sleep) i will have three hours to do a days worth of errands; then i'm off to babysit two kids who's parents texted me, 
"it will probably be a late night."

{via}

No comments:

Post a Comment